Growing Deeper

Saturday, August 19, 2006

For the Lord is good and His mercy endures forever!

In G12 meeting last Wed, the Lord's word for us is to "grow in wisdom by doing good deeds with humility" ! This wisdom gained will help us to overcome the challenge of busyness to our faith in Christ. So, the good deed that God prompted me to do is to make my mum happy.

Some background story on my relationship with my mum, we had never really talk to one another since I was in primary school. The reason is because i hold resentment against her and there is a barrier between me and her. What happen was that she was always busy with work, because she have to feed me, my aunties and my grandma. She will always work from night till day and i never get a chance to see her. I will always have to sleep alone in the house (I'm the only child, my mum and dad divorced), fearful of the dark and the weird noises out in the kitchen. Will always hide in the blanket with a torch light waiting for my mum to come back. Well, the fact is that i never get to see her. By the time i went school in the morning, she was not home yet. I always understand why she could not be there for me, she have so many people to take care of and that's why she have to work very hard through the night. But the hurt is there. As years goes by, resentment grew into action... i stop sharing my life with her, i never talk to her. I'll just shut myself in the room whenever she is at home.

In responds to God instruction, I ask my mum out for breakfast this morning. I gave her a ride on the bicycle to the nearest Mac. (Hoping that she will feel happy, as i never done it before) I started asking her about her life, about what she is doing. Then we talk about God (my mum believe that all God is the same). I urged my mum to read the bible, hoping that God will show her His way in saving the world. She is extremely passionate in helping the poor and her heart is compassionate for the lost. But she is using her own knowledge. Then, i told her about the resentment i had towards her. We had a heart to heart talk. Now, i feel that there is a new beginning in my relationship with my mum. And I'm very happy about it.

And i give thanks to God for His wonderful work in my life, I'm really grateful to Him. I'm still very amazed by His love for me. By obeying God's instructions for us, we will receive His blessing, in my case, God renew my relationship with my mum and open a door for my mum to know of God's salvation for men. Therefore, if you love the Lord, obey Him. Our faith in God is dead if we do act upon His word. " Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead' James 2:17.

Lastly I would like to encourage every brother and sister in Christ to pray, for God has call us to "for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people" Isa. 56:7 and we are to pray unceasingly (1 Thess. 5:17). When we work, we work- but when we pray, God works! Therefore if we are committed to win soul for Christ, we ought to pray unceasingly so that we can move the hands of God to win the soul of our unsaved parents, relatives and friends. We by our strength cannot accomplish much, but with God, we can win the world for Him!

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Matt 7:7 "The strongest one in Christ's kingdom is he who knock the best,and the secret of success in Christ's kingdom is the ability to pray."
(E.M. Bounds)

4 Comments:

Blogger noed-resarf said...

Woa! I'm extremely happy and blessed by your sharing. Praise God that He has so blessed you in this area of your life, and I believe that your testimony will touch the heart of many. God speed bro!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Darnie Pig said...

Power Sharing! All i can say is your God ROCKS! can i link your blog to mine?

12:10 AM  
Blogger Melvin Yeo said...

sure!

1:02 AM  
Blogger BensterĀ® said...

Wah i read this, i wanna cry.

Darnie.. i hope it inspires you to reach out to your parents!

Melvin.. praise be to God!

Hi Fraz.. :P

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home